Question: Spitting up blood

Slick - Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:04 am

Hello

This problem is still persistant today so I hope you can add some insight. Several months ago, in June, I started to taste blood in my saliva. So naturally I went to the doctor and he thought it might have been nasal discharge and gave me some nose spray to remedy it. Well after a couple of weeks there was no chance and i was spitting up more blood and it was becoming more like blood and not spit. So after several visits I was ordered to see a lung specialist who did a bronchoscopy on me and said everything looked fine. Now since then I have started to get huge headaches and this severe pain in the base of my neck. I am also getting very tired for no reason and have a hard time swallowing all of a sudden. My next step is to see a neurologist and get a CT scan done. Any thoughts on this?
 DeLWolcott - Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:46 pm

I find this odd since no one has been able to pinpoint exactly what is bleeding.

How long ago did you have the bronchoscopy? (This could be the cause of your current neck pain.)
Does the blood come up with coughing?
What kind of nasal spray did you use? (This could have actually irritated or dried out the area that is bleeding.)
Have they performed any blood tests on you to check for anemia?

This are just some basics. Maybe with more information we can get some more information to your physicians to work with.

Take care!
 Slick - Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:47 am

The bronchoscopy was done about a month ago and he said everything is fine in regards to the lungs. No i have not undergone any blood tests what so ever, the nasal spray itself was for rhintitus, i think. It comes up both when I cough and spitting it up, usually in the morning, but now has become more frequent throughout the day. im am always spitting up yellow mucous, always, and I feel congestion in my chest as well. Over the past few weeks I developed a naging cough where most of the time nothing comes up and then the next minute I could be filling a sink full of blood.

|