Forum Name: Miscellaneous Chest Diseases

Question: lower teeth pain and chest pain

dja - Tue Sep 27, 2005 8:29 am

I am 61, have PD, take mirapex and stalevo, lexapro, and ditropan. Also vitamins. Recently started .025mg of synthroid. Occasionally I have pain in lower teeth along with pain across my chest. I have recently had a stress test (with drugs) and was fine. EKG also fine. I have stenosis and lower back (F5 ) herniated disc . Had 3 injections of steroid into spine and it is helping the leg pain. The chest pain has been off and on for the last year or two, but is more often now. It seems to always be with the teeth pain.
Any suggestions?dja
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:16 am

User avatar Hi dja,
Taking into consideration that your current ekg and stress tests are fine, has there been any mention of an echo to rule out valvular anomalies? Chest pain, not cardiac in nature, may also be caused by anxiety attacks, muscle spasms in the chest, referred pain from the teeth to the chest and vice versa. If your cardiology workup is normal, and the pain doesn't present itself during periods of stress the one other suggestion I can give you is a dental exam to rule out any abnormalities as this will also cause that specific type of pain.

|