Question: Pain under ribs and pressure in chest/upper back--anxiety???

momto3boys - Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:36 am

I am a healthy 33 year old non-smoking/drinking mom to 3 boys. I have been having the following symptoms for the past 4 weeks off and on:

-tightness in upper chest area throughout the day

-pain under back right and left ribcage upon waking that goes away once I get out of bed (sort of feels like pulled muscles but I know that's not what it is). It is always worse if I have been laying on my stomach.

-somtimes some shooting pains in front of ribcage (either side) upon waking that I don't have during the day (sometimes I will get this if I push on my ribs)

-lots of burping and some indigestion (which I have never had before--even when I was pregnant!)

-I am having some back issues for which I see a chiropractor for--lots of lower back pain (sciatica) and now, starting 4 weeks ago, some upper back pain (my upper back feels really tight and will actually "pop" when I twist or turn my spine).

I am more than willing to admit to being under a lot of stress lately--we just moved into a new house and this all started when we were getting our old house ready to be sold. I have had some anxiety attacks/issues in the past but never with these symptoms (especially the pain under the ribs).
Could this be symptoms of anxiety? I am trying to relax now that we are in our new house, but these symptoms are making me really scared and nervous and that is not helping!
Thanks for any help you can give!
 dsjeya - Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:05 am

stop guessing and worrying go for a check up,though cardiac condition is quiet unlikely

|