Question: chest pain

jcooch21 - Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:57 pm

I have had chest pains for the past 6 months or so on and off, it is a sharp pain in the chest once in a while, even when I am just sitting here. I went to a doctor they diagnosed me with a heart murmur. Recently my pains have been more frequent and I have started to have bad headaches, stomache pain on and off accompanied my nausea, and my left thigh has been in pain on and off, and I had tingling in my left fingers on and off. The pain never stays for long, but it is painful at times and the doctor keeps saying there is nothing wrong. Is there any conclusions you may have?
Thankyou.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:30 pm

User avatar Dear jcooch21,

If my guess is correct you have described two medical problems.

The first one is more likely to be a chest pain due to GI origin.
Sometimes Chest pain is not originating from the chest itself; instead it is due to problems in the digestive tract. These problems include IBS, Gastritis and Gastric ulcer, GER.

The second complaint is more likely to be due to sciatica.
Sciatica is felt as pain in the lower back or hip that radiates down to the back of one thigh and the leg. Sciatica in some people is felt like leg cramp that can last for long time, it may also result in limb weakness, numbness, or a burning or tingling sensation down the leg.

You have to be properly checked and investigated. Only by complete history, physical examination and investigations, the correct diagnosis can be reached.
I advise you to follow up with your doctor and discuss with him the mentioned information and their possible contribution to your condition.

|