Question: require second opinion or not ?

budrick - Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:41 am

i am a 37 yr old male ,non smoker or drinker,though i did wok as a barman for 6 yrs (plenty of smoke around).i have been in and out of my doc's for 5 yrs and out patients for 2yrs all because of prob with my chest (was very fit,walking,cycling,weights).it started christmas 99 when i had pneumonia and then had chest infection after chest infection with pneumonia again christmas 2000 ,with chest infections again and an almost 3rd bouth of pneumonia in 01 again at christmas ,the only time i have'nt had chest infections has been this year.now i have trouble breathing ,can't excersise,get out of breath very easly(even walking),very bad cough that hurts and is very loud ,can taste blood on my breath every now and again,whether active or not (light to strong),it can last a few secs to mins to hours to days to a couple of weeks (the longest)and then stops for a few days or weeks, i never bring any up,when i was in out patients first i was told i had adult astma and placed on inhalers (salamol & symbicort)the symbicort eased the coughing but did not stop it,had series of tests done ,heart ,lungs,pulmonary function ,blood ,xray,ct scan.all came up negitive,now last month i was told i don't have astma and that i have to stop the inhalers but every time i stop taking the symbicort the cough comes back after a day or 2. the consultant says that i was over fit ,had hit a wall,but if it was that i would had past it and my gp agrees with him , also just found out that i have 99% chance of having a hiatial hernia (docs words),i have been told that a hiatial hernia might explain my probs . can you shed any light on this as i am having no satisfaction from my gp or consultant,
thanks in advance
 budrick - Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:44 am

forgot to mention that i have every little or no flem (mucus)when i cough (can get that bad that i pull neck & shoulder muscles) and that the taste of blood and breathing problems started about 6 months after first dose of pneumoniaand gradualy worsened.
thanks again.
 budrick - Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:19 am

just adding an update here,, have been off the inhalers now from the date of my first post and i have had no luck with my condition whatever it is ,, when i am breathing i am getting a wheeze and a cough ,my sides are hurting under my ribs on both sides and like before any sneezing or coughing causes pain across my whole chest and back . the cough is persistent and like before ,very loud,,the taste of blood when breathing is still there and i still have not brought any up ,,. this is ridiculus and i know i am not imaging this, the pain is real as is the cough and i am taking solpadine capsules every day for the pain , i get the feeling that they have no explanation for what is causing this and that they did not do every test that they could have ,,
does anyone out there have any idea ,, help is being looked for ,, thanks in advance

|