Question: Red Cheeks w/ Flushing - NOT ROSACEA

redcheeks - Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:36 am

I am a 21 year old male that has dealt with an unknown skin condition on my face for several years. This condition is similar in so many ways to rosacea as far as symptoms but time and time again each dermatologist agrees that it is not rosacea. This condition only affects my cheeks.

My cheeks are constantly red, dry, with many what seems to be tiny little bumps. Heat, temperature changes, touch, irritating skin products all cause my cheeks to become more red and sometimes bring on an annoying burning flush of the cheek region.

Aside from the skin, I easily blush and flush (which is much worse than a blush). The flushing is mostly caused by any kind of stress both good and bad. It feels like my face (cheek region) is burning up and becomes extremely deep dark red and very hot to the touch.

I've seen several well known dermatologists in my area without any answers. My last derm said that she has never skin like mine and that if I was an 80 year old man she wouldn't think anything of it but because I'm only 21, its cause for concern. She has seen thousands of patients but never my rare condition. Soon after various tests and treatments...she gave up on me.

Have any ideas? I need some answers. Thanks
 BUSCHCLUB - Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:41 am

Hello i had a very simular try hyperhydrosis look this up they have a form that causes terrible flushing of the neck and head there is an operation to fix this as it is caused by an overactive nerve.

|