"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Question: 5 Itchy Red Bumps On Left Leg

sweetpea83 - Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:11 pm

I noticed Sunday night that I have 5 itchy red bumps on my left leg: one on my knee, a couple one the right side of my left leg, and some more on the left side of my leg. Then this morning I noticed that another one appeared but near my ankle. I don't know if it is an allergic reaction and I know it is not flea or mosquito bites.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:41 pm

This could be a dermatitis.

Dermatitis is referred to different types of skin rashes that are caused by infections, allergies, and irritants.

The severity of the rash range from mild to severe according to the cause.

The lesions are usually itching in most of the cases.
Usually blisters are filled with clear fluid unless there is secondary infection.

Contact dermatitis occurs due to skin contact with a substance that causes an allergic reaction (allergic contact dermatitis)
or with an irritant substances (irritant contact dermatitis).

Avoiding the causing substance is the mainstay of prevention in addition to medications prescribed by your doctor.

Direct clinical examination is essential. Consultation of a dermatologist should be done.