Question: nose pore strip tore chunks of skin off nose! will it heal?

arrawyn - Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:46 am

hi,

i used a nose pore strip last night and i guess it must have been on too hard cuz it has torn chunks of skin off my nose! i look hideous! i have a large tear (well about a few millimeters) on one side of my nose and a couple smaller ones on the other side near the tip bit. they are really red sores, but quite shallow, but you can see that a layer of skin or two has been removed.

it was agony and i was in hysterics and crying last night because i am worried that it will be scarred now forever! i already have a large chicken pox scar on my forehead, but the nose is way more noticeable obviously!!!

will it heal up without scarring or will there be scars?!?!?!

if there are scars, is there anything i can get done to get rid of them? (laser surgery, mircodermabrasion etc).

please help i'm so scared and self concious and upset and worried!!!

thanks

Caitlin
 transmetro - Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:28 pm

It's just skin that has been torn off?
When I am sick my nose and have to blow my nose, the skin on my nose has a tendency to peel off a few layers, and it will sometimes get to areas of skin which are pink and sore, but mine always heal with no problems, I just have some soreness for a few days, and a funny looking nose.
 arrawyn - Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:47 pm

hi,

yeah, it is just the skin that is torn off, but its a few layers in one spot so there is a slight 'hole' or indent where the skin was removed.

they all kind of scabbed over and all the scabs have fallen off now, and most of them are hardly noticeable now except for one of the larger ones which is slightly pink.

the scab there i think fell off a bit prematurely, (in the middle of the night) and the skin there now looks shiny and stretched.

does that mean its still healing and should this leave a scar?

thanks,

arrawyn

|