News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: one small round bump in foreskin *have picture*

dr.roberto - Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:27 pm

i'm a male aged 17, i am not sexually active and this problem occured round early june 2005. The problem does not hurt, it is one small, round, slightly hard lump found in the foreskin of my penis near the head area. Once compressed it produced small amounts of puss, but now doesnt. I have a picture of it and will send it to you if needed. Any advice to what it could be will be very helpful. I have a hunch that it could be a case of pearly penile papules.
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:27 pm

Pearly penile papules do not occur on the foreskin. They are only located on the corona of the glans penis in a circumferential distribution. Furthermore, these papules do not exude pus or any other substance when expressed.

Dr Anthony Solomon
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine
 dr.roberto - Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:03 pm

thanks for clearing that up,

I'm going to consult a doctor this month about the problem, however I was wondering whether you could give your opinion to what it could be.

cheers.
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:39 am

It is difficult to give an opinion without physical examination of the lump. If you have consulted a doctor, let us have a feedback; if not, post the picture that you have.

Dr Anthony Solomon

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here