News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Pimples on face, sores on chest no pus

ftreloar - Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:05 pm

I am 50 & my face is breaking out with pimples-but not whiteheads - it has a red dot in the middle & clear liquid comes out if I squeeze - their on my chest but bigger in size - I have some on top of back, nape of neck & even 1 on my ear. They seem to form a scab that takes a long time to go away. HELP

What in the world is this?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:58 am

User avatar Hello,

This could be a dermatitis.

Dermatitis is referred to different types of skin rashes that are caused by infections, allergies, and irritants.

The severity of the rash range from mild to severe according to the cause.

There might be itching on many cases.
Usually blisters are filled with clear fluid unless there is secondary infection.

Contact dermatitis occurs due to skin contact with a substance that causes an allergic reaction (allergic contact dermatitis)
or with an irritant substances (irritant contact dermatitis).

Avoiding the causing substance is the mainstay of prevention in addition to medications prescribed by your doctor.

Direct clinical examination is essential.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here