News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Blood rash under skin

JenH - Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:18 pm

I'm a 26 yr old female. About two weeks ago I woke up with an underneath the skin blood rash spreading from my ankle up to my knee on both legs. Since then I have developed more patches on my thighs, upper stomach area and arms. They are small red specks in a variety of redness and size. Does this sound serious?
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:42 pm

User avatar Hello,

Is this your first time to experience this rash? Have you been on drugs recently or this happened following the intake of certain food or have you got an infection recently?

This sounds like an allergic reaction (hives -urticaria) a type of skin reaction to an allergen, medicine or infection and are common in individuals who are very nervous.
If these lesions are irregular, raised or flat red that appeared after eating certain food, intake of certain drinks, or taking a medicine then it could be the case .

Allergic skin reactions to drug may start within two weeks of taking a new medication, (usually the drug drug was taken before)
Some viral infections cause similar rash.

Direct clinical examination is essential.
Best regards.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here