Question: Unidentified sores...

Robbie6667 - Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:38 am

My girlfriend has been developing unidentified sores on her buttocks and upper back. They look terrible when they're in full bloom, but once they go away, they leave a very faint scar. I have some pictures I took, maybe someone can help us figure out what they are, and how to keep them gone. Here's a link to the image.

http://www.reptilerefuge.com/sores.jpg
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:00 pm

User avatar Unfortunately, I was not able to get the best view of your pictures (old monitor); however, from what I can see it appears that your girlfriend may have recurrent skin infections such as a folliculitis or spontaneous abscesses. These often can occur due to a bacteria known as MRSA.

The best way to get a diagnosis of this would be to see a doctor and possibly get a culture of some of the fluid that the areas contain. If it is MRSA, antibiotics should help clear it up.

Hope this helps.

Keep us updated.
 Robbie6667 - Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:39 pm

Thank you for taking the time to respond, it is HIGHLY appriciated.

I used google images to look up folliculitis, and a lot of the pictures look like that could be a hit on the head on the nail, but some of them don't look the same. Granted, I'm sure it effects each peson differently, at least a little bit. Hers never really get the white head on them. They're not puss filled, as far as she, or I knows. Would knowing that change your diagnosis? If not, we'll go forward with this and see if we can get it treated. If so, I'm all ears.

|