Question: Soft bump on shaft of penis

gamecollector - Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:53 am

20/M. I'm not sure what this could be, I didn't really notice it until the other day. I have a soft bump on my penis where the skin is folded at when flaccid. It's on the underside and it seems as though the skin is just raised more in that area. It does not hurt and is a little bit darker in color, but moves with the rest of the skin. When erect, it seems to separate and there are then 2 bumps on each side directly next to the middle line on my penis. While examining it, there seemed to be a line that goes down the back of my penis from the tip to the base and these bumps are right on each side. Soft to the touch. There is one bump that when squeezed it gets white and shiny, kinda like a pimple. I haven't had sex in over a year and haven't really looked for anything like this. I have not had any pain in my genitals of elsewhere, except for a rash on my right thigh up to my knee. Could it be an STD?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:43 am

Conditions not associated with sexual transmission include folliculitis (inflammation of a hair follicle) or infection of a sebaceous (sweat) gland. These can be found mainly on the shaft of the penis, are usually multiple in number and small. They usually have hair arising from them.

Another condition is known as pearly penile papule. These are multiple, small (1 to 3 mm) papules that are embryological remnant and are usually present around the circumference of the crown of the glans penis and are yellow-white in color.

Fordyce spots are not infectious and their cause is unknown. They are abnormally dilated blood vessels, covered by thickened skin present on the glans, shaft or scrotum. They may be solitary, but frequently appear in crops of 50 to 100 (1-5mm). They are bright red or purple in color, painless and not itchy. Usually affect younger men. May cause embarrassment because of their appearance, or a fear that they might be sexually transmitted. They may bleed if injured or even during intercourse.

Psoriasis has a scaly surface. Other more serious conditions such as early penile cancer may also appear as a papule before ulcerating. It is important to seek prompt medical advice about penile papules.

|