Question: pimple/cyst..very scared

kandy - Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:48 pm

1) I am a 25 yr old female. Last year, a lump on the right side of my neck (under my ear lobe, where my jaw connects) was diagnosed by a doctor and a dermatologist as a sebaceous cyst, and they both said it's nothing to worry about. It was a cyst that i could move from left to right between my index and middle finger, about 1cm long. A few mths later, while swimming, my husband accidentally hit the cyst. For a week, it was inflamed. I called my dermatologist fearing it was infected, and he said it'll be fine, and that it's not an infection, just an inflammation.. A few days later, I noticed the cyst shrunk to half its original size. I was extatic because it made me less self conscious about it or about having "an illness"..

Should I take the doctors' word for it and accept that it's nothing to worry about? Nobody in my family has that. I keep thinking it's more serious than that.. What's your opinion on having it surgically removed? Will i get scars? Can it still be cancer?

2) Last week, I developped 2 pimples. One on the left earlobe and one on my neck a few inches down. I popped the one on my earlobe because it was easy, and now it's fine. But the one on my neck seems to be a pimple INSIDE my skin..Like I can't pull on my skin there, i have to pull the pimple with it.. When it first appeared, it was sore and felt like a pimple, but now it doesn't hurt, but it's still there!.. It's smaller than a pea, and it's inside my neck's skin (attached to it). The pharmacist said it'll go away and not to worry, it reassured me, but i'm not believing it. I've been washing it with DIAL antibacterial soap alot, and using clearasil pad to wipe it at night..

What is this? Will it go away? I don't have access to a doctor so maybe the stress relating to that is what's causing these problems?

Any advice is greatly appreciated, Thanks
 kandy - Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:35 pm

I forgot to mention this, but my cyst behind my ear is no longer moveable like it used to be...Is that a concern too?

|