Question: Itchiness all over leads to small red bumps

NoSurprise - Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:30 pm

Hello everyone

I'm a 20 year old healthy male in a very monagomous sex-life for a few years, and I'm 110% positive it has nothing to do with a STD. I have no family history of any skin diseases or even dry skin.

Over the last couple of months, my skin has been tremendously itchy all over, causing me to scratch alot. I started moisteruzing my skin extra in the shower and even outside, trying Eucerin, Aveeno, oil of olay products, etc.

The Eucerin helped calm the itch, but nothing went away. I was tested by my doctor for allergies, so it was nothing and we all assumed it was just dry skin. However, even with all the moisteruzing, it really didn't get better.

So I asked my doctor to prescribe me triamcinolone cream because that's what my girlfriend took for her itching and it really helped her. He gave me Clobetasol which I was told is basically the same thing?

I've been using it for a little over a week, and while it helps calm the itch, there just isn't enough to cover my whole body. But the real problem is in the last 2 days..

Monday night, I tried to get some sleep but couldn't. I was half asleep in bed all night, scratching like crazy. When I got up in the morning for good, I had these little red bumps in certain spots on my body where I'm the most itchiest. One behind each shoulderblade, one on my stomach, one on my chest, a couple on my butt, and the worst is on my scrotum where there is a lot and they seem a little bigger, and on my pubes, where they itch alot. All these bumps itch alot, and some have red skin around it where I tend to scratch alot. It's thursday afternoon, and they're still there and itchy as ever.

Thank you for the help in advance. I'll be checking frequently if there's anything else that could be answered on my part.
 NoSurprise - Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:32 pm

I forgot to add my penis had some small red blotches that got flaky and red when irritated a few weeks ago, but the combination of Eucerin and the Clobetasol got rid of that for good in the past couple of weeks, and it looks perfectly healthy now. That could be connected somehow.

|