News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: non stop sweating for 10 years

appleseed - Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:18 pm

im a 22 year old male that has had a problem sweating in a certain area for the past 10 years but have been to ashamed to talk to a doctor about it. ive been having problems sweating on my butt area (most of the time under my tail bone between my butt cheecks). i know some people have a problem with non stop sweaty palms or armpits but mine is on my butt area. usually when i stress or get nervous i sweat on that area. its been stopping me from going after my dreams and accomplishing my goals, my confidence goes down, and im always affraid to sit down knowing that when i stand up there are wet stains on the seat that are visible and its so embarrassing. i was wondering if anyone ever has this problem in the world? if so, what is the name of this rare problem so i can ask my doctor about it. what can i do to cure this problem too? lotions or surgery? i havent tried finding solutions till today cuz im getting old and its stopping me from succeding in life. so if anyone knows the name and treatments that would be nice. thank you
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:23 pm

User avatar Your condition is termed hyperhydrosis. There are several forms and several causes. Very commonly a specific cause is not found. It appears that you have a localized form. There are several different treatment methods. Each form has its own particular best treatment.

I would recommend you see a dermatologist to discuss which treatment will be best for you.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here