Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Technical term? - Excess skin/dry skin problem

 random1739 - Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:04 am

I went to the hairdressers today and got a short haircut. The hairdresser made a comment about my: "cerviacis" [sp?]

I have not heard of the term before, and its most likely an incorrect spelling I've provided.

She described it as being due to excess skin production by my body, as well as related to dry skin (mentioning my previous long hair as a possible aggrivator)

The treatment she further described involves using Sorbolene cream before it "spreads"

I would like more information, because I still have little clue as to what she was talking about

 random1739 - Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:06 am

I should add:

I'm a 20yo male, with past history of acne. I've had roaccutane treatment to alleviate this (around 2 yrs ago)
 random1739 - Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:02 pm

Ignore this topic. Further research tells me that the hairdresser was relatively clueless, thinking a peeling sunburn on my neck was psoriasis and telling me sorbolene would clear it up "before it spreads"

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us