News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Irritated, Red Patch of Skin on Penis

sh9382 - Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:35 am

Hi,

I am a 24 year old male, not sexually active, have recently have noticed that the right under side of penis has become red and irritated. It's only on the right side of the penis. I believe it has been cause by masturbation that has really irritated my skin. I'm a lefty so i think when i masturbate more pressure is put on the the right side of the penis. It is really red, irritated and occasionally itchy and dry.

I'm really concerned about it and am wondering if there is anything I can do to treat it. Even though I know I shouldn't be embarassed to go to the dermatologist to treat it, but I am (like most males would be).

What can I do?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:48 pm

User avatar I suspect that you may have some irritation from trauma as you have suggested. This sometimes is prolonged by moisture.

Treatment revolves around limiting further irritation of the skin while keeping the area dry and clean.

If your skin is not healing in the next several days you should have it evaluated by your doctor. Your primary care doctor is probably a good place to start as it can sometimes take months to get into a dermatologist.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here