Question: "burnt" spots

Anonymous - Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:08 pm

"burnt" spots o is as best as i could describe it. i have one on the callous of my right hand, and on the bottom of each of my feet. my foot was aching, i checked it out, and noticed two around 1/4 in size darkish brown spots, and one on the other foot. it doesn't seem that deep almost like i could scrape it all out, since its in the callous. its not really mole like, the skin has the same texture, its just really darkened. thus it looks like its been burned, kind of. the one on my hand is very vague, i tried scraping the brown stuff out a week or so ago, but its come back a bit. and now i've noticed it on my foot. all of them have showed up very recently.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:30 am

User avatar It is relatively common for skin that has been inflamed for some reason to darken. This is referred to as post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. It often will take several months to fade away.

It may be that your callouses caused some inflammed skin, leading to the darkening.

I would suggest you have your areas evaluated by a doctor to be sure. A picture is worth a thousand words...

|