News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Hard Bumps on Legs

megs3287 - Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:27 pm

I am a 20 year old female. The past week, I have discovered a few hard bumps on my legs, especially right around my knees. They are fairly large and hurt when touched. I also have a small bump on the inside of my ankle. There is no discoloration around the bumps. They feel sort of like bumps you get when you run into something or bump your shin on something, but I don't remember running into anything. Also, they seem to appear all of a sudden, but then don't go away. When I woke up this morning, I had a new bump that is larger than the others and is located below my right kneecap.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:00 am

User avatar It may be a possible that you have some hematomas (blood clots) in the area that are causing your lumps. This is fairly implausible given that you are developing more lumps.

Another possibility is that you are seeing some inflamed lymph nodes. The locations you describe are not classically the locations of the lymph node chains.

I would recommend that you see a doctor for an evaluation if these lumps are not getting better in the next day or so.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here