Question: Hard Bumps on Legs

megs3287 - Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:27 pm

I am a 20 year old female. The past week, I have discovered a few hard bumps on my legs, especially right around my knees. They are fairly large and hurt when touched. I also have a small bump on the inside of my ankle. There is no discoloration around the bumps. They feel sort of like bumps you get when you run into something or bump your shin on something, but I don't remember running into anything. Also, they seem to appear all of a sudden, but then don't go away. When I woke up this morning, I had a new bump that is larger than the others and is located below my right kneecap.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:00 am

User avatar It may be a possible that you have some hematomas (blood clots) in the area that are causing your lumps. This is fairly implausible given that you are developing more lumps.

Another possibility is that you are seeing some inflamed lymph nodes. The locations you describe are not classically the locations of the lymph node chains.

I would recommend that you see a doctor for an evaluation if these lumps are not getting better in the next day or so.

|