News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Multiple Cysts on Scrotum

Everlong86 - Tue May 01, 2007 8:24 am

Hi. I am a 20 year old male. In the last 2-3 years I have observed small slow-growing lumps on my scrotum that I have recently become more and more conscious about.

After alot of research on the internet, I am fairly sure they are some kind of sebaceous cysts. Some of them are just under 1cm, but most of them are small / tiny bumps with white heads all close together covering most of the scrotum but not the penis - I'd say there are around 50-100. I did go to a doctor, who indentified them as cysts, but nothing beyond that and advised me to see someone else.

The problem is they are multiplying in volume and size beyond my control - but yet slow enough for me to kind of get used to. They are starting to bundle together, something seen similar to the "steatocystoma multiplex" condition. Although it is not as nearly as bad, the closest image I can find that related to my condition is at "http://www.skinatlas.com/steatocystoma1.jpg". I am very worried this is where it is heading.

I have read from alot of sources that this condition is incurable and theres really nothing you can do about it other than learn to live with it. It's 100 times easier said than done, especially when it has now started to influence my sexual confidence etc.

I was wondering if there is any possible way to slow the growth of this condition at all. There are methods floating around such as warm compresses twice a day, and taking essential fatty acids etc. Does any of these methods make sense to work? Is there possibly anything I can do to reverse what is happening?

Many, many thanks for any kind of response.

Peter
 Everlong86 - Wed May 09, 2007 10:28 am

bump
 Everlong86 - Tue May 29, 2007 7:32 am

I have been to a different docor who prescribed me for 100mg of doxycycline every day for a few weeks, with some acne gel cream for the outside. It's worth a try but I do know that many people have tried this on the net without any good results so I don't think it will do anything.

The internet doctor Walt Stoll is pretty confident a fair amount of essential oils every day (omega 3 and 6's) for a few months will stop new cysts forming and sometimes even reduce previous cysts size (it returns sebum to a runny texture that is reabsorbed by the body). Will also try this as a last resort. There are too many tiny cysts and a few large ones to suggest surgical removal.

Hoping someone, expecially a doctor could have some comments about all of this.

Thanks.
 Everlong86 - Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:11 pm

bump!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here