Question: Toddler with small lump on forehead

Alice30 - Tue May 01, 2007 6:49 pm

My son just turned 2 years old and about 7 weeks ago I noticed a small pimple-like bump on his forehead close to his hairline by his temple. The bump was initially a tan/ pink color and has changed to a tan colored lump with red/dark pinpoint marks in it (the lump appears darker in general due to the red/dark dots in it). The lump is about 4 mm across, circular, hard and occassionally has a white/yellow crust on it (or bleeds if it is rubbed). It does not seem to bother him - no pain or itching. One doctor thought it was a wart and another thought it was an infection of some sort (antibiotic cream did not help).

He is a healthy toddler with no medical history to speak of. He does have what appears to be keratosis pilaris on his face. There is no family history of skin cancer or other major medical problems. He is not currently on any medications.

I am hopeing you can give me some idea of what this might be as I am concerned that it could be something worse than a wart.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:32 pm

User avatar It is unlikely to be anything dangerous. I'm having a little trouble picturing his lesion, though. If you are able to post a picture that would be helpful.

It may be that he has an inclusion cyst or possibly a hair follicle that has become inflamed.

|