News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: petechiae

jdcf - Mon May 14, 2007 11:45 am

I believe I have these on my chest and upper arm. Noticed them last night. There are only about 20 to 30 though and they are spread about, not clumped up.

I am 53 male. Have psoriatic arthritis. Take enbrel. No other problems but was having pain under rib cage, left side for a few days.

Since such small amount, do I need to check on this or see if more develop?

They are small, almost pinhead in size. Bright red. Flat and not raised. Some thing led me to a few websites that make me believe this is what is there.

Thanks so much for suggestions. My wife is sick, rejection of transplanted kidney, and doing 2nd dialysis. I need to be healty. I am being considered for donor. Will say that I have cysts and stones in the kidneys. This particular transplant center does not want to use my kidneys for that reason. Seems that it is not an issue at other transplant centers.

Anyway, if there is reason to be concerned, I need to be.

Take care.
John
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon May 14, 2007 12:06 pm

User avatar I would recommend that you have this checked out. Sometimes petechiae are associated with platelet problems (low or not working).

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here