Question: bloody spots on face

laurel - Tue May 15, 2007 1:03 pm

I am a 39 yr old female that has been finding tiny spots of blood on my face. The first couple of times I saw them, I thought I must have spattered red ink on my face but I keep having them appear. It doesn't happen every day. Sometimes it's just one spot and other times it's three spots. They are only the size of a pin prick and after I wipe the blood off, I can see what looks like a tiny mark but then it fades away by the end of the day. I take multi vitamins, calcium, biotin and hair vitamins. I also take 30mg of prevacid daily that I have been taking for about 6 years now for acid reflux and colitis. I don't know if this has any relavance or not, but I just found a couple of lumps in my right breast and 2 small knots under my right armpit and have some nipple discharge also in the right breast. I found these about 3 months ago and have now made an appointment to have a doctor check them out. I'm sure that has nothing to do with the blood coming out of my pores on my face, but thought I would mention it just in case. I have been severely aneimic in the past and have been told that I'm borderline lupus and diabetic. I had my left ovary removed two years ago and have endometriosis. Again, I'm sure all of that has nothing to do with my current bloody spots on my face but I am curious to see what you think might be causing this.

Thanks!!!
 Marceline F, RN - Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:13 am

User avatar Dear Laurel,
After carefully reading your post, I must say I am much more concerned about your statements regarding your right breast - the lumps, the knots and the nipple discharge. I strongly advise you to seek your primary physician's evaluation of these signs as soon as you possibly can. These can be the sentinels of very bad things, and need to have special evaluation immediately. While I can appreciate your concern about the blood spots on your face, I seriously believe you may have bigger issues at this time. Please make arrangements to see your doctor right away!

|