Question: Discolouration, tip of the nose

Samedy - Thu May 17, 2007 11:26 am

On the tip of my nose, for the last 3 months, there has been a ring of discolouration.

The texture of the skin is the same. The skin colour almost looks the same around it, there is just a little bit of discolouration on that part (about the size of two pencil erasers). It looks like someone took a fine pencil and circled that area (the area is well defined) and made everything within that circle one shade different than the rest of the skin. I would almost describe it as looking like a 'water-mark' on the tip of the nose.

At first I thought it was just because of a sunburn.. But as I've said, it's been there for about 3 months, with no change.

Anyone know what this might be?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:49 am

User avatar Off hand, there may be a few possibilities. First, it may be an area of hyperpigmentation that often follows inflammation (such as may be caused by a sunburn or other irritation). It can take several months for this to fade.

It may also be an area where the capillaries are closer to the skin. Another possibility would be a skin condition such as eczema.

I would suggest you see your primary doctor or possibly a dermatologist for a formal diagnosis and treatment plan.

|