News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: SMALL, CLEAR, ITCHY BUMPS ON HANDS

fireatwill - Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:06 pm

I'm 21, female.
I have small, clear itchy bumps on my hands, they usually come in clusters or individually. They itch like crazy, and if i puncture them, they ooze a clear liquid. They go away after a few days time(sometimes longer), but I really would like to know what it is, how to prevent it, and how to treat it when i get them. They hurt only when I scratch them. and when I apply pressure to them it just feels plain weird.
My mother and sister says is runs on the womens side of the family. But they get red bumps and lines all over their arms and legs. Plus were ever they get it they swell up really bad. I've never had the swelling or redness just the tiny bumps on my hands now and then. :(
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:40 pm

User avatar The thing that comes to mind for me is scabies. This is usually found in the web areas between the fingers.Sometimes little track-like areas can also be seen and they may be found in crack-type fold areas of the skin as well. If other members of the household also have symptoms, this would also be a strong indicator of this possibility. You should see a dermatologist for this.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here