Question: SMALL, CLEAR, ITCHY BUMPS ON HANDS

fireatwill - Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:06 pm

I'm 21, female.
I have small, clear itchy bumps on my hands, they usually come in clusters or individually. They itch like crazy, and if i puncture them, they ooze a clear liquid. They go away after a few days time(sometimes longer), but I really would like to know what it is, how to prevent it, and how to treat it when i get them. They hurt only when I scratch them. and when I apply pressure to them it just feels plain weird.
My mother and sister says is runs on the womens side of the family. But they get red bumps and lines all over their arms and legs. Plus were ever they get it they swell up really bad. I've never had the swelling or redness just the tiny bumps on my hands now and then. :(
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:40 pm

User avatar The thing that comes to mind for me is scabies. This is usually found in the web areas between the fingers.Sometimes little track-like areas can also be seen and they may be found in crack-type fold areas of the skin as well. If other members of the household also have symptoms, this would also be a strong indicator of this possibility. You should see a dermatologist for this.

|