Question: White spots/ Brown spots on feet!!

pkswmr76 - Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:44 pm

I am a 16 year old male. Over the last few weeks, I've noticed brown spots on the centers of both my feet. They are a circular shape about 1 inch x 1 inch. They used to itch but lately they haven't been itching. In addition, I've noticed a spot on my left foot that is much lighter than the rest of my skin (my skin is brown and the spot is very very light tan). The spot seems to be growing and I'm very concerned about vitiligo. If you can help me figure out what this is and give me advice about what to do, I would greatly appreciate it!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:01 pm

User avatar You could have some type of temporary infection such as a fungus. It is necessary for you to see a doctor to confirm this as differentiated from vitiligo or other chronic conditions.

You could try an anti-fungal cream to see if it responds. It can take a while so be patient for the response. But, if you are not having other symptoms, it is probably worth it to wait and see if you get relief from OTC medications.

|