News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Anal fissure and foreskin rash

cnilsson - Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:35 am

Hi,

I have a few symptoms as of late. I have an anal fissure around my anus which looks exactly like picture number 2 under heading Fissure on the following webpage: http://www.aafp.org/afp/20010701/77.html and I also a rash that appears every now and then on the tip of my penis. It is a redish itchy rash whick also appears as dots on some areas. I also get a rash around my mouth and a slight swelling of the lip. I have only asked my doctor about the mouth and he gave me an antibiotic, Augmentin, but the rash came back. Can you help me with all this?

Thank you.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:54 pm

User avatar Hi Cnilsson,

The article you have referenced for your picture is actually a quite good overall article on anal fissures. The treatment recommendations of corticosteroids and pain relief for short term fissures and the possible need for a surgical repair of more long term fissures is accurate.

The rash on your penis may be due to excess moisture and irritation (most likely) or possible a fungal skin infection. I would recommend you have your doctor evaluate both these issues so you can begin proper treatment.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here