News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: A lump in my armpit

dmbfan07c - Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:02 am

I'm a 22 year old male. no family history of cancer. I found a lump in my armpit its been there for a couple months but has not increased in size. It remains the size of a pea. The lump appears to be on the skin, for example when I place my finger on the lump and move in a circular motion, no lump is felt, so I am assuming its attached to the skin. I get bumps all the time and ingrown hairs even though I do not shave my armpits, this one appears to have no head, and its not red. It only hurts when I rub over it alot. I told my doctor about it and he did not seem worried, he did not even see if he could feel it. I'm wondering if it could be something ive never heard of.. a fat pocket.. a cyst.. what would move with the skin but have no visual presence on the skin.
 dmbfan07c - Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:39 am

Just wanna add some things

this really feels more on the skin than under the skin. if I put my hand under my armpit and close it tighy and feel for lumps there is nothing there, only when my hand is above my head and i move my fingers across the skin rather then press against the skin and feel. upon closer inspection there appears to be small stretch marks where the lump/bump is. It seems l always have some sort of sinus infection but I don't think its a lymph node, no other lumps either, i checked my neck, groin and the other arm pit. I have stretch marks all over my armpit also. i am about 30ish pounds over weight. I am 5'11 tall and my weight stays around 205-210, i don't eat very healthy nor do i get a good amount of exercise which my doctor said that is why I am tired alot and have high blood pressure. other than that I have no other bad symptoms, havent had a fever in years, but I always have sinus drainage of some sort.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here