Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: pimples around the pubic area

 ESS23 - Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:19 pm

Hi there, I am 23 year old Male.
I have had these red pimples/rash with white heads all around my pubic area and a few on the bottom of my penis shaft they do not itch or neither are they painful.
I have had this for almost 4 months i have been tested for stds and came out negative.
the rash hasnt spread either, its just there and wont go away. At first i thought it was herpes but it doesnt pain or burn, my partner had a yeast infection so maybe i thought i have that.
Please advice
Thank you
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:09 am

User avatar I wonder if this could be molloscum contagiosum. If so they will eventually heal on their own or can be removed. See your dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis. There are other possibilities as well such as genital warts or a benign condition such as pearly penile papules, a benign condition. Only your doctor can determine the actual problem by examination.


| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us