Question: round open sore in between breasts that reoccurs.

kthnxbye - Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:50 am

I am 18 and I am female, last year a pimple looking thing appeared in between my breasts. It did not hurt and if I pinched and pulled the area, I could feel that under the skin it was hard. I mightve picked at it, I don't remember. I was told to put hydrocortisone on it and I did. It went away but left an ugly purple scar about the width of a pencil eraser. I never thought about it again until a month or so ago when the scar suddenly opened up and began to sting. It leaked out pus(or something that looked like it) and it was very raw. I bought some hydrocortisone cream and put it one time and it closed up. Today it reopened and is hurting very badly.

here is what it looks like:
Image

Does anyone know what this is or what I can do to make it go away?[/img]
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:14 pm

User avatar I wonder if it could be a fungal infection of some type such as intertrigo, caused by candida albicans. The best thing would be for you to see a dermatologist but you could try an antifungal ointment to see if it makes a difference. If it is fungal, you can try keeping the area clean and dry, avoiding tight clothing.

|