Question: Bright red itchy rash on underside of penis

moonpunit42 - Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:11 pm

My boyfriend is a 26 year old male, No relevant past diagnoses. No past surgery. Family history of cancer and alcoholism. No current medications.
He has a BRIGHT red, itchy rash on the base of the underside of his penis. He has also complained that it is "slimey", but assumes it's sweat. He has been tested for STD/AIDS and was negative on all. I have also been tested for STD/AIDS and was negative on all. This is the second time the rash has occured. It causes no pain unless friction from intercourse occurs.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:18 pm

User avatar Hi Moonpunit42,

This sounds like it is most likely a fungal/yeast infection of the skin. It can be treated with an antifungal cream such as clotrimazole or the various jock-itch creams available.

While using this cream, if the area becomes worse, painful or is not improving I would recommend he see his doctor.

abie8008 - Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:42 pm

I believe i have something very simmilar to this. I have had a rash on the underside of my penis now for a few months at least. It goes through cycles where it will be bright red (almost look like it's bleeding but not) but feels normal to the touch. then a scab like film will cover it and dry up. at that point it will itch like crazy. after a day or two, when i get an errection the scab will rip and bleed very very slightly.

i have been using all types of lotion (gold bond, neosporian and regular lotion) but all it does is make the scab fall off and it all starts over again.

I am 27, no alcholism in my family, cancer on my dad's side and i'm pretty healthy. shower every day (sometimes more) and eat right. I'd love some help with this as my gf is terrified it's something serious.

|