Question: Bump on scalp

Ixnayjf - Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:11 pm

Hello my name is Josh and I'm 22M. About a week ago I noticed a ovalish raised bump on my scalp. It is about the size of a M&M, and feels flat/dry on the top. It does not hurt or itch; although it does appear to be red and dry as I stated above. Also it has created a small bald spot just around it in a very small radius. Thank you in advance for your time.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:05 am

User avatar Hi Josh,

It may be that this spot is an area of a fungal infection of the skin known as tinea capitis. This is a relatively common infection. It can be treated with a topical cream.

I would recommend you see your doctor for a direct evaluation of this and to get a proper treatment plan.

|