Question: Large lump under arm and skin rash spreading?

shell622 - Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:53 am

I am 45 years old and am male, i have had a large lump under my arm for over 6 months, very painful but now i have a rash going up my arms and on my ankles that is painful to touch....any idea's what it could be?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:03 pm

User avatar Hi Shell622,

There is a very large list of possibilities. My first thought would be that the lump in your armpit is a lymph node that is inflamed. The rash may be a condition called erythema nodosum. This rash is a faint red color but is quite painful to touch.

I must recommend that you see your doctor to have this evaluated as I cannot really give you an answer about this with any confidence.