News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Small scattered bumps on body

Luminous Earth - Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:05 am

Im 21, female and I know I have psoriasis because my dad has it and I've dealt with many small patches due to stress: though i've never been actually diagnosed.

Aside from that ive started recently getting these small bumps, or perhaps pimples? I'm not sure what they are, they're scattered, so i wouldnt call them patches of any sort. I don't think they itch, i've scratched at them because i hate bumps weirdly enough. They've mostly appeared on the front part of my body, like my belly and chest and some on my neck. I don't have a clue as to what they are. They appeared a couple months ago around the same time or maybe after i had a yeast infection though i took care of that quickly and it hasn't returned. I wonder if it could have something to do with that? After i scratch them off they scab and go away.

I also wonder if it could have something to do with my birth control? I started on ortho cyclen 4 months ago and my body just isnt the same as it used to be and i definetly break out more. Soooo.. if you could help me in the slightest that would be great. Any answer would be most appreciated even if its a refferal but! i don't have lots of cash to pay someone to tell me not to worry about my bumps so HELP!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:48 pm

User avatar Hi Luminous Earth,

These bumps may be acne. They may also be from a skin virus called molluscum contagiousum. It is a relatively common virus that causes small bumps that have a dimple in the center.

I'd suggest you see a primary care doctor to have these evaluated. There are often clinics that can see patients for a free or reduced fee when they do not have insurance. Your local health insurance can point you to these clinics if needed.

Best wishes.
 jencr28 - Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:53 am

It started on Tuesday, I noticed some small red bumps on the lower part of my chest. The next day I notcied some on my shoulder. Thursday as the day went on they have spread to my neck, behind my ears and even a few on my face. They do not itch. I have taken some Benedryle and it hasn't seem to do anything. A friend thinks that it may be from my hot tub. I was in it on Sunday and there was some oil type stuff in it that I have never been in contact with before. I have no medical insurance. But I am concerned. I do not have any other symptons.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here