Question: Second Opinion Needed

cj1951 - Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:46 pm

I had cellulitis in my left lower leg about 10 months ago. My doctor has given me a clean bill of health as far as that is concerned. However, ever since the skin around my ankle and across the top of my foot has been discolored (a very dark brown and blotchy). when I asked him about it he told me it would go away with time. It hasn't. I trust my doctor, but I'm beginning to think he's wrong about this one thing. Is he? What can I do to get rid of it? I'm having to wear socks all the time to cover it up (it's EXTREMELY noticeable) and I'd like to wear a dress once in again.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:24 am

User avatar Hi cj1951,
My apologies for such a delayed reply. Discolorations may occur with condittions such as cellulitis because damage resulting to the skin related to alterations in blood flow. A dermatologists evaluation should be able to identify if there is a treatment to elicitfading of the dicolorations.

|