News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Strange New Freckles

Kathy0824 - Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:46 pm

Hi. I am a 37 year old female. Over the past 2 months I have noticed I have a lot of new freckles, mostly on my upper arms and shoulders, but also on my legs and belly. I have counted about 60. They are not raised, some dark brown and some light brown and you can kind of see spots where it looks like more are going to appear. I don't like the sun so I never tanned or anything. I have dark hair but very fair skin. I should also tell you that I lost 70+ pounds between June 15 and the beginning of September. I went from a size 14 to a size 5. I was trying to lose some weight, but I wasn't starving myself at all and I exercised 3 times a week for an hour. I was eating several small meals a day. I feel fine, but these freckles seem to have baffled me. I don't have insurance so I really can't afford to go to a doctor. Any ideas?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:24 pm

User avatar Hi Kathy0824,

Increasing skin pigmentation can occur normally with increasing age although rapidly increasing pigmentation should be evaluated. I would recommend you see your doctor to have these spots checked out. This way nothing serious will be missed.

There are often clinics that can see patients on a free or reduced fee scale for those without insurance. Your local health department can help you locate these clinics if needed.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here