News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Painful Lumps - Abdomen

muffinman - Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:56 am

Hi, i need some advice please. I have had a lump on the side of my stomach for several years and when I visited the Doc (1998) i was told it happens to be some loose tissue.

I know find myself with around 6 of these and they are now hurting. They are located on small of my back (1) and on 2 on both sides of stomach plus one on my left breast area.

My stomach is starting to burn at times and my back is now painful but not all the time. I find it difficult to sleep on my side and have been taken brufen to counter any swelling/inflammation. The medical care here in Saudi is not great so you can understand my reluctance to visit the doctor - some horror stories here!

Any advice would be great.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:02 pm

User avatar Dear Muffinman,

Swellings and lumps have to be seen and examined by a health care professional to reach a diagnosis.

The lumps can be of the same nature or different from each other. i can not tell just by knowing where or how many they are.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 janillo - Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:38 am

Hello,

The symptoms you described are the very same ones that I just told my doctor earlier today. It's uncanny!

My doctor felt the lumps under my skin and said they are benign dermato neuro fibromas. But when I got home I looked it up on the internet, and that condition doesn't quite fit my symptoms. For the most part, dermatofibroma seems to be a visible nodule or bump on the surface of the skin where my lumps are all deeper and not readily visible.

Did you ever see a doctor about your lumps, and if so, what was the diagnosis?

Thank you,
Janine
 mdlpena - Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:47 pm

I'm so glad I'm not alone! EXACTLY the same symptoms.... to the TEE... Mine are on the side of my stomach about seven inches left of my bellybutton (one big and two smaller) and i found another one just TODAY an inch to the right of my bellybutton. I can also relate to Janine because mine are not visible and are deeper; I have to press down to feel mine. SOME DOCTOR PLEASE TELL US THE POSSIBILE DIAGNOSES EVEN IF IT'S BROAD!!! I'm a student with no health insurance at the moment so it would ease my mind more if I knew what to expect/get ready for.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here