Question: Redness and irritation of the Lips.

Brownsfan2005 - Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:29 am

Hey,
Thanks for supplying me the oppurtunity to ask a question.
I am age 18, For the last year or so ive been having issues with my lips. I get redness and irritation of the lips. I don't know what causes it, but stress does seems to do it. Normally my front of part will be diffrent shades of red, through out the day depending. And sometimes other parts of my lips will turn red as well. When i eat, my lips around the cornor will turn red and be irritated and my lip lines? will turn red, but will go back to normal lip color after a hour or so. And it seems most morning when i awake my lips will look normal but through out the day, they will turn like this. Some cases it will get swollen and extremely red.
So my question is, does this sound like a infection of some sort? Or?

Thanks.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:29 am

User avatar Hi Brownsfan2005,

These changes may simply represent changing amounts of blood flow throughout the day. If your lips are painful you may have some irritation from dehydration that could worsen throughout the day. Using a moisturizer may help this. If it is not painful it is likely nothing serious.

I would recommend that you have your doctor take a look at this when you're in the office next.

|