News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Rash on trunk of body

josam929 - Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:31 am

My husband (37) got a rash a few months ago. It was located on his belt line, thighs, behind knees, forearm and bend of arm, and under arm pits. It was horribly itchy. We assumed it was an allergic reaction to something. Not long after I got the rash and so did my four year old son. Other two children have not gotten it. My husband has since gotten the rash again and so has our son. Any ideas? I am at a loss!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:04 pm

User avatar Hi Josam929,

The itchiness of the rash makes me think it may be urticaria (hives). Hives can be caused by allergic reactions but with it spreading to others in the house I think this cause is very unlikely.

I suspect that a much more likely cause is a viral infection. Many viruses can cause hives as a result of their infection. The rash can come back in a minority of cases.

If it does not improve soon I would recommend that you see your doctors to have these rashes evaluate.

Best wishes.
 josam929 - Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:31 pm

Thank you very much for your response.
 closerforre - Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:51 am

I have a burning rash that is not visable. There is no itching involved. It started in my groin area and has spread. For now it is only on the front of my body.

I have not used any new soaps or detergents or taken any new vitamins, herbs or meds.

This started over 2.5 weeks ago. It feels like a really bad sunburn. I am very concerned. Thanks

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here