News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Bumps that flatten on penis

george31 - Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:05 am

hi,
I have for years suffered with something which has shamed me. I have these bumps on the skin of certain areas on my penis shaft. they surface when I am erect but fletten down on the skin when I am not. The foreskin (I am circumcised) is not affected and neither is the head. The thing is i do have areas of smooth skin. These bumps are not painful and cannot be squeezed. I have had them for years but like I said there has been no side effects except embarassment. What is going on, or if you cannot say exactly what it is could you give me some things it may be?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:51 pm

User avatar Chances are these are sebaceous glands of hair follicles. I doubt it is of concern. But if these are new and associated with recent sexual activity there is the chance it could be some type of infection. Though it can be embarrassing to see a doctor about this, it would be important in that case.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here