Question: Lumps appear anywhere on my body

dghjgdhj - Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:15 pm

Hi to all the medical staff, I hope this is the right section to post in.

My problem is, I keep getting lumps under my skin, these can be anywhere on my body, but it seems to only be cause by pressure, here are a few examples.

1). If I were to sit on a hard wooden chair, for just a few minutes, some time later in the day, there would be lumps on my buttocks where it had been in contact with the bench, possibly behind the knees also if they were in contact.

2). If I were to lay flat on my floor for a few minutes, some time later in the day, there would be lumps on all contact points, such as the back of my skull, my shuoulder blades, base of my spine and my heels.

3). If I did some walking or just standing for a period of time, later on, there would be lumps on the sole of my feet, when I then stand or walk, it's like having a pebble under the skin as you walk and feels slightly painful.

4). If I were to lean against a wall, I would then get a lump appear where my arm/shoulder was in contact with the wall

There is often nothing on the surface of my skin in the way of redness or any marking, except for the raised area of skin, the skin feels swollen underneath it, I did some leg extensions on my multigym earlier, and a couple of hours later, behind both knees, where they go over the foam padding so that I can raise my legs and the weights, both knees are swollen at the back where they were in contact and feel quite warm, when I stand up, there is slight pain if I try to straighten my legs fully, it's like a pulling feeling.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this,it has been happening for years, thank you in advance for shedding some light on this problem.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:36 pm

I really cannot imagine anything that fits your description. Apparently, from your post these lumps go away after a while. How long do they last? Are they just felt and not seen? Did you have this condition checked?

|