News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: red spots on penis

dodgers7 - Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:14 pm

I have recently noticed small red spots on my penis. I am not circumsized and they only appear on the head of the penis and on the skin that covers and comes in contact with. I have noticed that more little red spots keep showing up, but they don't itch, smell or hurt. And when i try to speeze them they go away and then the little red comes back. Would you have any idea what it could be or how i can treat it? Thank you for your time.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:12 pm

User avatar Hello Dodgers7,

There are a few possibilities. The area is generally fairly moist so it is prone to having fungal infections occur. It may also be an area of contact irritation where the skin is simply irritated from excess moisture or an irritation from soap, etc.

I would suggest you have your doctor take a look at this to make a proper diagnosis and get you the proper treatment if needed.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here