Question: Facial Eczema

JackReal - Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:36 pm

Hi

I'm a 45 years old male and I have dry skin and mild Eczema on my face. The eczema is located on the back of my ears and on the cheeks. I'm using Eucerin which is good for the dry skin but not efficient enough for the Eczema. Can I use Hydrocortizone for the Eczema on my face ? I have good results with it for the Eczema on my chest. Is there a good product for facial Eczema ?

Thanks,

Jack Real
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:24 pm

User avatar You should be able to use the mildest potency of corticosteroids that will still do the trick. Higher amounts can lead to other facial problems such as rosacea and should only be used under the guidance of a dermatologist. Eucerin is an excellent choice as an emollient.

JackReal - Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:57 pm

Hi Debbie

Thanks for the answer, I will do that. If it's not working, I will see my dermatologist.

Thanks again.

/Jack Real
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:27 pm

User avatar You are very welcome. Good luck.

|