News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Could he be allergic to me when we have sex?

ldg - Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:22 pm

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 6 months. When we first had sex we did not have any problems. But about two months into the relationship,since December, every time we have sex he breaks out in an itchy, burning, red rash that spreads. At first it took only a day or two to go away but now each time it gets worse and lasts longer. I went to the doctor and was tested for everything. There is nothing wrong with me. He has been to a doctor and allergist. The only thing they found he was allergic to was ragweed and he doesn't have any other medical problems. We are both very healty individuals. We had oral sex the other night and his tongue actually got the rash. It has effected our relationship so much we feel like we have to distance ourselves. What could the problem possibly be and are there any solutions?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:44 pm

User avatar Probably the two things that come to mind first would be some type of infection that is being spread or a simple contact irritant dermatitis. The only way you can determine which is to have it checked by a doctor. He may have very sensitive skin and the friction is just irritating to him. If it is contact dermatitis, a corticosteroid cream might help.

Obviously you want a long-term solution to this. Has he used a condom? This might offer protection in more ways than one.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here