News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   



Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Scar Type Rash

 stephenuk - Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:20 pm

A crusty type of scar type rash has appeared on my leg and looks like a graze from a cut. It started just with an itchy spot and now has started to also weep at times. I also have little itchy pimple type spots on my legs too. I can not work out what this. I went to see my doctor who has perscribed me Erythromycin though i have been taking these for about 3 days there does not seem to be any improvement. I have added some pictures i have taken.

 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:07 am

User avatar If your doctor felt an antibiotic was needed, you would not see improvement this quickly. He/she is probably treating what might have become a secondary infection. Continue the course as prescribed and if this does not help, that will be information your doctor needs to proceed with the diagnosis. Sometimes there's trial and error. If it responds to one thing (or does not), that rules out one possibility, leaving others open to examine further. Skin problems like rashes can be especially difficult.

Good luck.
 IMAMUNTANT - Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:33 pm

I am new here and don't know forms very well but I need help. Scar type rash is only one of my problems. I have Hypogammaglobulinemia (IVIG for one year), Selective antibody, just recently Dermatomyositis. I have one very large problem I do not have any functioning NK Cells. By all I know with the last ten years of study, the diagnosis should be an impossible combination. How can I be missing my immune system and then have a lupus type skin?

My doctors at Mayo Clinic are trying to search for someone how knows of anyone who has No NK Cells, and how they are treating the person.

I am 47 year old female and so many things I'm not feeling very and would like any direction to treatment.

Thank You


Check a doctor's response to similar questions


advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application


 advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)



Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2016
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information:
verify here.