Question: redish/pinkish bumps on lower abdomen

wickedjermany - Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:13 am

So for the past couple of months, I have had these tiny bumps at the top of my pelvic hairline (I am a 23 year old male). They are small, about a mm in diameter if not less. They haven't grown, they don't particularly itch save for once or twice. It started with a single one of these bumps a bit apart from where the others popped up. I tried popping this as you would a zit, but it just turned red and got a little bigger and pretty much just stayed that way until this day. I did the same with one of these newed bumps with the same result. I thought it was razor bumps, but i'm pretty sure its not. I've had that many times before and these bumps are less fragile. I have been researching this intensely, as it looks not too becoming and i don't want to spread it. I thought perhaps it was molluscum contagiosum or hopefully something less contagious. Some people have told me it may be folliculitis, but i've had that before, and these little bumps are sturdier and have been here for, as i said, a while.

There is a full sized image here: http://www.jeremy-jordan.com/IMG_1456.jpg
I want to add, there are two marks to the left and right of the bumps. I just had surgery (appendectomy), so its still healing. But these things were there before that, so its not related.

Thank you!!
Jeremy
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:55 pm

User avatar Hello Wickedjermany,

It's hard to say for sure but it appears that these bumps may actually be some clogged follicles or pores in the skin. It is hard to say for sure that these are not molluscum contageosum bumps but they don't appear to be. MC bumps classically have a central dimple in them.

I would recommend you have your doctor take a look a this when you're in the office again.

wickedjermany - Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:39 am

They do have a small white center in them. I highly doubt its folliculitis, unless its some different kind that i know of. I've had that before.

I've ordered a topical treatment recommended to me by a friend... its an iodine mixture specifically for this.

Only problem wsith seeing a doctor is that my insurance doesn't kick in for another month, and if i have to keep living with this until then, its going to drive me bonkers!

I'm getting checked for STD's tomrrow, though I don't see any other signs anywhere beside the top of the pelvic hairline (thank goodness)... and I don't have any unusual symptoms, just the bloody spots!

What a frustrating bugger this is when you don't know exactly what it is and it simply won't respond to anything you put on it!

|