News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: non-acne red bumps along collar line

gdawz - Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:37 am

Hi. 24-year-old white male.

So - I keep seeming to develop smallish raised, red bumps on my neck along my collar line (below where I would shave). They do not itch, do not hurt, do not come to any type of head, and thus far have only really popped up one at a time. Frustratingly, though, when one goes away, I see another one start to develop. It begins as just a small red area that becomes raised over a few days, sticks around for about a week, then starts to go away.

I take several vitamin supplements which I have been taking for a couple years, but no medications. I consider myself clean, washing my face/neck day and night and applying lotions (which I have also been consistently using). I shower after the gym and wash my clothes after any use. I do not wear any necklaces or wear tight-fitting shirts which would notably irritate my skin.

I do not touch my face or neck frequently and the way I've been treating these things is just to continue as usual... keeping clean and applying lotions. I do have sensitive skin, but I seem to be only having an issue with this around the collar line. Not on my face or back or anywhere else. They are of cosmological concern.

1.Is this something other than just irritation of my skin?
2.Any suggestions?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:31 pm

User avatar Hello Gdawz,

You may be seeing some clogged pores. Using a moisturizer may actually be contributing to this. You may try using a mild soap with a moisturizer in it (such as dove) and not apply the moisturizer to this area.

If these persist I would suggest you have your doctor take a look at these to see exactly what they are and if there is a different treatment that would work better.

Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here