Question: small red marks all around my body

merger - Sat May 10, 2008 10:34 am

I am 21 male. No medications. I just began weight training after a long while. I began to notice these small red marks all around my body. They didn't really itch or hurt when I first noticed. I assumed at first that it might have something to do with weight training.

But this morning I woke up and they were itchy. I realized that it became a sort of habit of mine to sleep without a shirt. Fact is, I sweat a lot in my sleep and my bed cover isn't really changed as much as it should. So I guess it is caused by bacteria or something, maybe ticks.

What is my skin condition? And why am I experiencing it? Is it because of weight training or my bed cover or both? Please help.
 John Kenyon, CNA - Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:51 pm

It's impossible to diagnose your skin condition, but some guesses are in order: your own guess regarding bed hygeine is a possibility since you're now undoubtedly sweating more due to weight training. Frequent showering and changes of bedclothes might help and certainly wouldn't hurt. But this also could be related to some sort of mite, like scabies. This is not at all unusual and people just find it hard to believe they've picked it up. A doctor usually would have to prescribe something to kill them and resolve the irritation.

These are my best guesses, but only your doctor can make the definitive call. However, you could try the bed maintainance first and see if that helps. Sometimes people are sensitive to their own skin's proteins, which would be very much present in your bedclothes.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck to you.

|