News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Dermatology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Dermatology Answers List

Forum Name: Dermatology Topics

Question: Red spots on legs, arms, abdomen, and groin area

SueC - Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:52 am

I have red marks on my groin area and in-between my buttocks some are really big and others not so big. It now seems to have spread into the pubic area (which I have shaved to see how bad it is) everyday it seems to be getting worse. I also have red spots (not a rash) on my legs most between the knee cap and groin area, they are not attached and are on both legs, I have some also on my calves, lower arms (near my wrist) upper arms, my stomach, my chest (above breasts) some are tiny and some are as big as a dime...the seem to start out just as a little red spot then they get bigger then the center seems to get like a flakey dry skin while the outside stays red, once the flakey dry part comes off it seems to just stay red and start all over again. I have seen 3 different Dr's most say it is "Jock Itch" in the groin area and buttocks and do not know what the rest of the red marks are (possibly stress say's one Dr.) I am now on another new cream (Lamisil) have been on this one for almost 3 weeks with no change seems to just stay the same and I keep getting more and more...I have also tried Fucidin Cream and Bactroban with no results. I am at my witts end with this, it is so embarrassing for others to see it. I am in a very healthy relationship with a wonderful man and it is so embarrassing I will not even consider any sexual relations with him at this time. ANY help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much in advance
SueC
 SueC - Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:12 pm

Anyone have any ideas??

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here